Draft Draft Draft Draft
Tricky Questions Instructor Copy
1. You’re a bus driver. At the first stop 4 people get on. At the second stop 8 people get on, at the third stop 2 people get off and, at the forth stop everyone got off. The question is what color are the bus driver’s eyes
Answer: The same as yours, you’re the bus driver.
2. A 3 m rope ladder hangs over the side of a boat with the bottom rung on the surface of the water. The rungs are one 30 cm apart, and the tide goes up at the rate of 15 cm per hour. How long will it be until three rungs are covered?
Answer: Never. The boat rises as the tide goes up.
3. A little girl kicks a soccer ball. It goes 3 m and comes back to her. How is this possible?
Answer: She kicked it up.
4. A man dressed in all black is walking down a mountain road. Suddenly, a truck without any lights on comes round the corner and stops without hitting him. How did the truck driver know he was there?
Answer: It was day time.
5. How much dirt is there in a hole 1 m deep, 4 m lng and 2 m wide?
Answer: None, or it wouldn’t be a hole.
6. If a plane crashes on the border between HAITI and the Dominican Republic, where do they bury the survivors?
Answer: Survivors generally are never buried.
7. Some months have 31 days, others have 30 days. How many have 28 days?
Answer: All months have 28 days.
8. On my way to the market I met 7 woman with baskets on their heads and a motorcycle with 2 riders dragging 2 pieces of wood. Each basket carried 2 mall dogs and each dog had 3 fleas. How many were going to the market?
Answer: Just me, the others were coming out of the market.
9. How far can you walk into the woods?
10. Which is heavier, a kilogram of feathers or a kilogram of gold?
Answer: They both weigh the same.
11. You are participating in a race. You overtake the second person.
What position are you in?
Answer: If you overtake the second person, you take his place, so you are second!
12. A person who cannot speak goes into a shop and wants to buy a toothbrush. By imitating the action of brushing his teeth he successfully expresses himself to the shopkeeper and is able to buy the toothbrush.
Next, a blind man comes into the shop who wants to buy a pair of sunglasses;
how does HE indicate what he wants?
Answer: He just has to open his mouth and ask…